Monday, June 9, 2008

sad/hard news

Friday we were on our way home from California and I was so excited to get home and show my family the ring, but it was a hard day. Chelsi Petersen, one of my best friends through my growing up years, died in a car accident early that morning. I was kind of quiet and sad all day. I was so excited to be engaged and to see my family after a whole week (the longest I've ever gone without seeing them) but right beneath that my heart was aching. So it was an odd day. I am so thankful for the knowledge that her family can see her again, and so can I . My prayers are with her family, they need it very much. That would be one of the hardest things to ever have to do. I am so thankful for the sweet memories I have of Chelsi, they will be with me always. And she will always have a very special place in my heart. 

2 comments:

amy said...

hey ame. i found you on chelsi's blog. love you girl.

amy said...

oh and congratulations!! so exciting.